Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonos & Transmatch Speaker Switches

Options
  • 02-11-2009 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have a query for the more knowledgeable (than me) about the QED Transmatch Speaker switch product….

http://www.aqsound.com/en/product/QED-SS50-Speaker_Switch/product_details

I have a bedroom that will have 2 pairs of ceiling speakers and an en suite that will have 1 pair of speakers with a WIW room that will probably also have 1 pair with the remaining pair yet to be allocated (or just reduce to a 4 way switcher)….

This “Transmatch Speaker Switch” will be connected to a SONOS ZP120, which I understand is the amplified version with all the speaker pairs obviously connected back to the Transmatch..

What I wanted to know is

a) does this sound okay in practice?
    b) I presume the buttons on the front are to turn on/off the various speaker pairs? Simple as that?
    c) Can all the “pairs” of speakers be listened to/playing at the one time or is there a limit to what you can do?
    d) What is the difference between Speaker A and the other 4 called 1B, 2B etc ?

If anyone has any better product suggestion to achieve this with the Sonos, then please advise also…

Thanks for all the help in advance…:confused:

Advertisement