Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen Surfboard + Wetsuits

Options
  • 02-11-2009 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭

Hi guys. Was down in enniscrone last weekend and had a house rented. We had two wetsuits out on the line and a board on the roof of the van in the driveway. On the Saturday night (Halloween) they were stolen. We woke up on the Sunday to find the wetsuits and board gone. Didn’t hear anything during the night. Reported it to the guards and spoke to the people in the local surfshop etc and asked them to keep their ear to the ground. Our neighbors were really helpful and seemed a bit shocked it had happened. Been heading up that way for about 5years now and have never experienced anything like it.

Anyway, just hoping people could keep their ear to the ground and if they see any second hand board or wetsuit for sale perhaps they could send me a link so I can track down these scumbags. The two wetsuits were hooded quicksilver ignite wetsuits (black). My friends board is a 9’6” glass longboard shaped by Luciano Leao (Longboard Series). It has a symbol of a tiger paw on it as its emblem. It has a thruster fin set up so three small fins with no fin box for a big longboard fin. Board was bought in brazil and I would be surprised if you see any other of these boards in Ireland (I have one myself also). It has two long red stripes running down the board but it would be quite easily recognizable by the make of the board.

Thanks in advance to anyone who may some info.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Cecil Mor

Pics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭whynotwhycanti

Here is a link to the wetsuit http://www.usoutdoorstore.com/outlet/quiksilver-ignite-hooded-54-wetsuit.html

Its more or less the same as in photo but quiksilver logo/writing is in black so you cant see it unless very close to the wetsuit.

Trying to track down a photo of board and will post it up when i do. Nice one

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭tedshredsonfire

sorry to hear about it board should be fairly distinctive and i'd say post the description of the board on some of the other surf forums like longboardireland and irish surfer ( when its up again)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭waves

I;d also contact surf shops and maybe keep an eye on ebay and gumtree in case they try to sell them on there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭liberal

as i recommend to a lad on here a few weeks back, post an ad in the local paper saying "surf board wanted"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭whynotwhycanti

With a some help, heres a picture of the stolen board. Been sending on details to surf shops who have been really helpful.

Mackys_Board.jpg

Advertisement