Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC down?

Options
  • 02-11-2009 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭

Live in fairview, since about 6pm yesterday my internets been practically useless. At 1st it was just that I could only use instant messaging, but I couldnt load a web page at all. I tried changing DNS, nothing, restarted the router, nothing. Issue was on every computer in the house.

Then things got worse, no internet at all. Routers 'online' led was no longer lighting up. After about 2 hours it came back on but the internet just didnt work at all. I could no longer sign in to MSN, but x-fire would let me sign in for about 5 mins then disconnect again. Browsers would just say 'connection interrupted'

It only started working again 10 mins ago, but it went down again, now its up again. In those 10 mins I checked here to see if anyone else had made a thread with similar issues but I don't see any so I thought I'd make one before I lost connection again. :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Have you called UPC?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭jos22

I having the same problem. should have a 20MB line. but since yesterday not even getting dial up speed. and it varies too for me for 15 mins or so it jumps up to 3 mb then 6 ,10 etc then nothing.

all light on my router are lit up.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭jeffreylebowski

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    Live in fairview, since about 6pm yesterday my internets been practically useless. At 1st it was just that I could only use instant messaging, but I couldnt load a web page at all. I tried changing DNS, nothing, restarted the router, nothing. Issue was on every computer in the house.

Then things got worse, no internet at all. Routers 'online' led was no longer lighting up. After about 2 hours it came back on but the internet just didnt work at all. I could no longer sign in to MSN, but x-fire would let me sign in for about 5 mins then disconnect again. Browsers would just say 'connection interrupted'

It only started working again 10 mins ago, but it went down again, now its up again. In those 10 mins I checked here to see if anyone else had made a thread with similar issues but I don't see any so I thought I'd make one before I lost connection again. :mad:

I'm in Fairview too, very similar experience. My connection was slow last night (This has happened before, when it does I tend to get a normal speed test, but actual web pages take several minutes to load or they fail altogether) and then at around one AM the Online light went off. I reset it and power cycled, then left it, and today when I got back at around three pm it was back on.

Been noticing that slow speeds issue a bit over the past few months, it's usually only just for an hour or two. I can use some messenger programs but not others, and web pages open very slowly.

It seems to be working fine for the moment, speed test showing up 17.52 which is fine for this time of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭squidgey

My internet wasn't working this morning [am at work now so not sure of status]. Was getting a flashing ds light on my cable modem. Rang tech support and they couldn't find the problem - sending a technician on Thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭_Sidhe_

jos22 wrote: »
    I having the same problem. should have a 20MB line. but since yesterday not even getting dial up speed. and it varies too for me for 15 mins or so it jumps up to 3 mb then 6 ,10 etc then nothing.

all light on my router are lit up.

I'm sorry, but this kind of thing annoys me.

Why say.... "I having the same problem"... and then go on to describe your problem that is in fact, very different?!!

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Morrismurf

I'm nearby in Drumcondra and have been without broadband OR phone since Saturday 24th Oct. I won't bore you guys with the string of broken promises and BS I've had to tolerate since.
    I now insist on recording my phone calls to them - well THEY do it for "training purposes", I have to do it because I was sold a pup when I signed up by phone last June. UPC's sales team promised facilities as part of my signing up that I found later simply did not exist and never did. When I complained and they "checked their log" they could not find the relevant calls, surprise surprise. Now they refuse to deal with me as long as I continue to record the calls. My next port of call will be Comm Reg - though I'm not holding my breath!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭squidgey

Fixed itself today. Wahoo!

Advertisement