Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

college course details

Options
  • 02-11-2009 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭

Hi, I am applying for college next yr as a mature student... applying for psychiatric nursing but also want to look at other possible courses.
    I have the CAO handbook but what is the best way to look up the individual courses? Do I just go on line of can I ask the college to send me out a prospectus?

I feel so lost cos when I was doing my leaving cert in 1997 we had a book with all the courses and the details of them...

any advise appreciated, sp

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Nelly2

Prospectuses are available on college websites, but they can be awkward to navigate. You can ring up Admissions in the colleges your interested in and ask them to send you out one. I always think it's handy to have a paper copy that you can easily leaf through and refer back to. You should also ask for a Mature Student Guide, you'll find lots of helpful info in both.
    If you still feel "lost", you could contact the Mature Student Office/Officer, they are great and give lots of support and advise to Prospective Mature Students.
    Good Luck with it all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Have you looked at this website? http://www.nursingcareers.ie/

It has details about all the nursing courses in Ireland and have many places for mature students, entry requirements etc.

Advertisement