Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TDs from the First Dáil who were killed?

Options
  • 02-11-2009 10:26am

In or during the War of Independence?

I know Terence McSwiney died.

Anyone have a list or know of others?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

Michael Collins
    Cathal Brugha
    Kevin O'Higgins (was killed in 1927 as a result of his support of the treaty)
    Liam Mellows (elected for two constituencies, don't know how that worked!)
    Austin Stack went on hunger strike in opposition to the treaty, never really recovered and died in '29
    Harry Boland
    Joseph MacDonagh (died on Hunger Strike)
    Seán Etchingham (arrested for Civil War activities, later died in prison)

others died at that time but it's unclear whether they died on WoI activities, hope this helps.

PomBear wrote: »
    Michael Collins
    Cathal Brugha
    Kevin O'Higgins (was killed in 1927 as a result of his support of the treaty)
    Liam Mellows

No, has to be specifically the War of Independence.

Know the likes of Brugha and Mellowes died in the Civil War alright, but was really looking of those who died before the outbreak of that conflict.

No, has to be specifically the War of Independence.

Know the likes of Brugha and Mellowes died in the Civil War alright, but was really looking of those who died before the outbreak of that conflict.

apologies, i'll try find whatever info I can

Thanks for any help.

Know Thomas MacCurtain and Michael O'Callaghan were mayors of Cork and Limerick respectively and both were killed, but pretty sure neither was a TD...

neither are there.

here's the members list anyways http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Members_of_the_1st_D%C3%A1il

• Advertisement
Advertisement