Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uundergrad in social care (social work) & student- HELP!

Options
  • 02-11-2009 5:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone,

Im applying for Social care 2010, i will be applying as a mature student and am really really nervous about the interview etc, so firstly anyone who is a mature student at trinity in social care, OR ANY COURSE... can you please tell me what the interview entails/how long is it/how many people will I be interviewed by and what is the dress code like for prosecitve students going to an interview-.i.e- should i be suited and booted??!!

Also i have what you might call a 'clourful' past, which i know isnt a problem as in social care it is actually probably a good thing to have life experience, but what i am wondering is how much of this should i divulge, either in my application or the interview.. or just in general??

Thanks in advance for any help on this!!

P.s- its so daunting applying to college in the first place but as a mature student I have even more to worry about as there is only 10 mature student places on the course i want to do and i hear its very competitive....so any help from anyone with experiece Pleeeeaaasssee!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

As a side note, you might like to check out the Mature Student forum here. There are quite a lot of people in similar circumstances to your own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭bruzz

Where can I do this without having experience? I have checked out nui but you have to have exp. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Advertisement