Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sean Whelan RTÉ's new Economics Correspondent

Options
  • 02-11-2009 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭

I am guessing that he is just going blandly report that the government are in extraordinary talks that should lead to some out come that will eventually meet everyones demands and make NAMA as boring as Europe or as good as the EU.

Anyone else think the just goes with the tide. I know RTÉ shouldn't be bias but they should at least be insightful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭GSF

God he is awful. On the 9pm news tonight he was doing his "lets have a good news story and forget all the negativity" report. Is he even an economist?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

GSF wrote: »
    God he is awful. On the 9pm news tonight he was doing his "lets have a good news story and forget all the negativity" report. Is he even an economist?

Sure that was what he was like in Europe absolute no idea about a small bit of genuine criticism, he is one of the reason people find the EU dull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭ateam

His accent annoys me.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

ateam wrote: »
    His accent annoys me.

I think that is his voice rather than his accent. He seems to talk through his nose some of the time especially when he is emphasising something such as

Sean Whelan, RTÉ News.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

One would have to travel some distance to find a more bland, colourless, dull and watery correspondent, in this poster's opinion.

Very well thought of in his field though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Is he? i know there was a lot of raised eyebrows amongst financial journalists at the appointment. RTE people rate him though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭rubensni

He made Europe boring? The EU is the most boring thing out there, which is hardly his fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

jdivision wrote: »
    Is he? i know there was a lot of raised eyebrows amongst financial journalists at the appointment. RTE people rate him though.

Not in financial areas, I hasten to add.

Good with the turgid viscous sticky slow moving morass that is European politics.

Don't know if he has qualifications in the economic field.

Advertisement