Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Road tax after Budget

Options
  • 01-11-2009 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭

HI Guys

Bit of a " how long is a piece of string" question here, but im looking at getting a Honda Accord estate 2.2 diesel probably 2005 in the next month, at the moment tax is about 700 quid for the year but with the budget coming up do you reckon there's going to be a massive hike?

Cheers,
    J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭rustynutz

HI Guys

Bit of a " how long is a piece of string" question here, but im looking at getting a Honda Accord estate 2.2 diesel probably 2005 in the next month, at the moment tax is about 700 quid for the year but with the budget coming up do you reckon there's going to be a massive hike?

Cheers,
    J

I think it's closer to 935 at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

rustynutz wrote: »

It's €860. Get it taxed before the new budget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

rustynutz wrote: »
    It'll be €860 at the moment. The '2.2l' is actually 2204cc which pushes it up an extra tax band.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

10% hike wouldn't surprise me.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Well it will not be going down anyway, thats for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,878 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

either a 10% across the bands hike or an even higher hike for D/E/F and >1.6 on the old system would be what I'd be expecting. Throw 12 months on it when you get it!

Advertisement