Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lights in sky over Dublin.

Options
  • 01-11-2009 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

I Know it was Halloween so spare me the obvious witch or firework comments.Did any one see the orange glowing lights moving across the sky on Saturday night?I don't think it was an aircraft as the lights on a plane look different,small red warning lights or white cabin lights.They didn't look like helicopter lights either.I am in Firhouse and we see enough helicopter traffic to know what they look like. I noticed them at about seven and they were around untill at least eleven.There was a lot of cloud cover as the stars were not visible and the moon was a faint blur.These lights looked like a solid circular orange glow, possibly red from a distance, moving at a steady speed and quite fast Some of them moved almost overhead and there did not seem to be a sound.I could not guess how high up they were but much higher than a firework was shooting.Fireworks shoot up into the sky these were moving accross the sky as a plane would.I am quite prepared to accept any explanation as my kids are convinced they have seen U.F.O's. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭heno86

halloween lanterns....i ws confused too,thought a helicopter was on fire or something hahaha was watching it for about ten mins,they basically are on fire and float through the sky....dont tell the kids tho and that way u can threaten them with alien abduction;)

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭D.Craftsman

Heno I thought of the lanterns.I haven't seen them used much here and they float up with the wind and burn out gradually.Do many people here use them? The lights we watched followed a steady flight path accross the sky.Where did you watch from?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭heno86

Heno I thought of the lanterns.I haven't seen them used much here and they float up with the wind and burn out gradually.Do many people here use them? The lights we watched followed a steady flight path accross the sky.Where did you watch from?

im just in old bawn 2 mins from you,ders loads of them around here....i never seem them before this halloween

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭AircraftTechie

Hi all they have been reported in the Aviation and Aircraft section as Chinese lanterns and landed in a Boardsie's street, they were first thought to be Irish Air Corps Aircraft but this is not the case even though they were in the area of Baldonnel Air Base.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

CHINESE LANTERNS WAAA HEEEYYYYY :D:cool::P

• Advertisement
Advertisement