Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Golf TDI Problem

Options
  • 01-11-2009 6:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hey,

My '05 GT TDI is just back from workshop and I was told the exhaust smell in my car is coming from a cracked rubber pipe connected to the EGR valve deep in the bottom of the engine.

I'm told from the VW dealership that the part is approx 90 euros but labour is the big part, apparently 400 euros worth.

Anyone have any input on this? The VW garage is charging 100 per hour labour. I'm currently arguing with them over this as I am not getting the proper service from them.

Anyway, any input on the length of time to replace the pipe leading to the EGR valve would be appreciated.

Also, if left unthreated, is there any complications that may arise other than the exhaust smell when in the cabin when the car is stopped.
    Cheers.

Advertisement