Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

17 inch tii big for a corolla?

Options
  • 01-11-2009 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭

hey guys,

hoping i could get some advice of ye with regards to getting a set of alloys for my 3 door 98 toyota corolla, i am currently looking into what size is best for my car in a non damaging way, i was in a garage the last week and the mechanic stated that 17 inch could damage the bareings on the undercarraige and to get 15, 16 inchs.

a chap is trying to sell me a set of 17's that came off the exact same car and says they are perfect for the car

any advice would be greatly welcome.

cheers in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Well considering a qualified mech is essentially telling you 17's are too big, I'd go with 16's.

I reckon the ride would suffer quite a bit with 17's too.

What's your budget? I'm sure you'd find a nice set of 16's on adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

cheers boomstick,

no particular budget now, they were second hand and 300e with tyres at 80%(not sure what that means but presume they were new enough)

would any of ye guys recommend a website that do deals for new or second hand wheels and tyres in our ouside irelad?(presume delivery charge could be expensive from abroad)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

16 max. the standard ones are 14" wheelarches aren't massive. 16 is a good compromise between looks and handling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

cheers for that info, i am going to start a thread on the best place for looking for a nice set of alloys as i haven't a clue which direction to look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭hi_sir

cheers boomstick,

no particular budget now, they were second hand and 300e with tyres at 80%(not sure what that means but presume they were new enough)

would any of ye guys recommend a website that do deals for new or second hand wheels and tyres in our ouside irelad?(presume delivery charge could be expensive from abroad)

challaghans in burt in donegal those boy's in burt are often hard bet your giving 300 for second hand stuff another few quid and with tyers youd be as well off

http://www.callaghanstyrecentre.com/pages.asp?DocumentID=8

give them a call for prices

• Advertisement
Advertisement