Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

new gasket??

Options
  • 01-11-2009 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭

just wondering where i can buy a new head gasket,??:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

twincamman wrote: »

Any motor factors should be able to order one in, as would a main dealers parts department . However if your head gasket has blown there is often a lot more work than just swapping it over...

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭dutchcat

you will prob need to get the head surfaced if you have not done so already,the machine shop i use generally offer to get it but i get them myself in vehicle spares in baldoyle ind estate baldoyle,dublin i think they will post you stuff if you are out in the sticks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

dutchcat wrote: »
    you will prob need to get the head surfaced if you have not done so already,the machine shop i use generally offer to get it but i get them myself in vehicle spares in baldoyle ind estate baldoyle,dublin i think they will post you stuff if you are out in the sticks
    That's only if it overheated and distorted a little. I never bothered doing it last time as I caught it in time and all is well.

Yes HG is a bit of a job alright and expensive but fun to do yourself with a Haynes manual if you feel up to it.

Webmonkey wrote: »
    That's only if it overheated and distorted a little. I never bothered doing it last time as I caught it in time and all is well.

Yes HG is a bit of a job alright and expensive but fun to do yourself with a Haynes manual if you feel up to it.
    would seem a bit of a waste to pull it down and build it up without doing it for the sake of 40 quid

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

40 quid is very cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,016 ✭✭✭✭Esel

twincamman wrote: »
    If you don't know where to buy one, what are you going to do with it when you get it? :confused:

Not your ornery onager

actually 40 +vat ,lofty farrell in greenmount ind estate harolds cross,the heat comes back like a mirror and machine washed:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Webmonkey wrote: »

Not really a job for the ameatuer thogh Webmonkey even with the Haynes manual. You could end up buggering your head. The torque wrenches can be expensive enough too I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,507 ✭✭✭✭vectra

dutchcat wrote: »
    actually 40 +vat ,lofty farrell in greenmount ind estate harolds cross,the heat comes back like a mirror and machine washed:eek:

Wow..
    I was told it was around 200 to get a head skimmed and a headset from a certain company in Cork :eek:

head sets vary in price their is a fair amount of stuff in some of them,a regular 4 cyl gasket on it's own runs about 25yo yo

• Advertisement
Advertisement