Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strikeforce 'Fedor vs Rogers' on Bravo

Options
  • 01-11-2009 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭

If your anything like myself then there are few things that cannot be missed in life. The birth of your child could be one, watching your team in the cup final another and then there is of course watching Fedor Emelianenko fight.

It has been almost 10 months since Emelianenko sent an over enthusiastic flying knee tendered Arlovski right to the canvas. Since then we had the much anticipated match up against Barnett (ranked by many as the #2 heavyweight in the world behind #1 Emelianenko) until Barnett tested ‘allegedly’ positive for the muscle juice.

The result of Barnett’s tainted piss test was the whole of Affliction fell into melt down and ran to the UFC asking to come back in. We then had one week where the amazing seemed possible – ‘Fedor vs Brock Lesnar’, that was however shattered as neither M1 or the UFC could come to agreement on terms.

Since then Mr E has signed up with Strikeforce and next up is Brett Rogers an ex tyre technician who is currently 10 – 0 with 9 by means of KO. Mr Rogers is hoping to knock the crown from Emelianenko’s head and claim the ranks that would follow such a defeat of the Fedor Geezer.

So how do us lot from ‘over the pond’ in her majesty’s heartland watch this event? Do we fly to the US and watch it on a TV in hotel room? Perhaps we could huddle round a laptop and watch it on some cheap chinese streaming website? Maybe even ‘borrow it off ‘a certain site’ using a certain *cough* torrent program (don’t tell Peter Mandelson though).

How about watching it from the comfort of your own home on your own TV? Yeah? Well the good news it will be shown on November the 8th on Bravo right after the ever popular series ‘Trawlers, Rigs and Rescue: North Sea’.

Granted it is twelve hours after the event, but that only means you need avoid the internet for half a day and we here at UK MMA News promise no spoilers. You can do that right?

http://ukmmanews.com/2009/10/strikeforce-fedor-vs-rogers-on-uk-tv/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭soretoe

up untill 3 mins ago my impending Sunday Roast was the only thing makin me smile..... now there's two things, cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

Thanks man, you've made my day. Will get to see Mousassi as well. Sweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Cheers, first I've heard of this being on tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

That's excellent news and I'm sure we can all stay away from spoilers for 12 hours or so. Looking forward to Mayhem vs Shields aswell on this and Silva vs Verdum. I think Gegard will have too much for Sokodjou. I presume 9pm Sunday night so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Odats wrote: »
    That's excellent news and I'm sure we can all stay away from spoilers for 12 hours or so. Looking forward to Mayhem vs Shields aswell on this and Silva vs Verdum. I think Gegard will have too much for Sokodjou. I presume 9pm Sunday night so.

I think it's 9 till 12

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Bravo 2 will be showing it again the following night also at 9pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Lord Muck

excellent news. Thanks dude. its a really strong card. Lots of potentially good fights. If Rogers makes it out of Round 1 i'll be suprised.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

If i'm awake I'll probably stream this anyway.

I have a feeling Rogers will surprise the MMA world.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Im going to be in Florida when this is on, So I will get to see it live :D

Hopefully!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

It's on CBS so anywhere with a television will have it. Enjoy the 10,000,000 ad breaks though ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭YamaMotoYama

Or just watch it it online after the event @ www.mmalinker.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

My SKY+ HD box is set to record on Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 me_arse

Luvly f*ckin jubbly!! No Internet for me that day. Hate to say it but I've a bad feeling Rogers is gonna cause an upset, anyone remember Fujita catching Fedor a few years ago???????

C'MON FEDORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭RNCFAN

Excellent.

Paddypower has Miller as 2/1 - I couldn't believe it. Well worth them odds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 me_arse

Rogers is 3/1, might be worth a punt - he hits like a brick ****house and it's Fedors first fight in a cage............

I'm tempted to throw €50 on him but it goes against the grain to bet against Fedor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

ah i wouldnt, but i feel this fight is going to the ground inside 30 seconds and thats when its over.

Rogers will come out swinging and be taken down.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

me_arse wrote: »
    Rogers is 3/1, might be worth a punt - he hits like a brick ****house and it's Fedors first fight in a cage............

Fedor has trained within cages for years and years so I dont see it being a factor

• Registered Users Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭cletus

does anhbody know whether Bravo have a contract with Strikeforce, or is this just a onece off deal with M1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

cletus wrote: »
    does anhbody know whether Bravo have a contract with Strikeforce, or is this just a onece off deal with M1

Not sure. hopefully we'll start seeing more Strikeforce cards here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭baaaa

I'm getting a sick feeling 2,wish fedor wasn't smiling quite
    so much for this fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,979 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Not sure. hopefully we'll start seeing more Strikeforce cards here.

Bravo have been showing M1 events for a while, so I reckon they're only showing this Strikeforce as it's co-promoted with M1.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,979 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Is this fight for the WAMMA Heavyweight Title or do Strikeforce not want to recognise it?

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭tribesman44

Swizz wrote: »
    I couldnt find it on the Sky box whens it on?

its on sunday night at 9 on bravo. a day behind so steer clear of the net in case of spoilers. ufc 105 next week too. forza 3, codmw2, god i love this time of year!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

What time is the fight starting?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Not a bad stream coming from Justin TV, how long it lasts though.....

http://www.justin.tv/survivorseries

cheers didnt think it would start to 3. I didnt even notice your link and just searched for it :rolleyes::D

also on http://www.justin.tv/maido_tapout if anyone needs it.

Sounds like Joe Rogan commentating, is it?? :confused::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Devastator wrote: »
    cheers didnt think it would start to 3. I didnt even notice your link and just searched for it :rolleyes::D

also on http://www.justin.tv/maido_tapout if anyone needs it.

Sounds like Joe Rogan commentating, is it?? :confused::eek:

dunno, those pesky bosses in work have disabled the sound on my PC, pretty glad they've done it if it is Rogan though

scudzilla wrote: »
    pretty glad they've done it if it is Rogan though

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭cmb.

m1 have the promotional rights outside the us - hence their commentators and production (or lack of) last night

one would think that as bravo have shown and interest in showing mma since the loss of the ufc that a deal to show future strikeforce events would be thier thing - but nothing has been announced as of yet afaik

• Advertisement
Advertisement