Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dad Rock/AOR double bill BBC 1 tonight

Options
  • 01-11-2009 6:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

10:20pm - Fleetwood Mac: Don't Stop

Fleetwood Mac, one of the biggest-selling bands of all time, are back on the road again.

11:20pm- Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood Live at Madison Square Garden

Reunion concert by Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood at New York's Madison Square Garden in 2008.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Ooh, looking forward to the Fleetwood Mac docu. I doubt any other band has managed to equal them in the inter-band drama/shagging stakes. :)

Oh and of course there's the music too... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Oddly enough both are on BBC4 on Friday where its Peter Green/Fleetwood Mac night again.

Brilliant show - the music was superb, particularly the earlier incarnation of the band, in Britain. It's a pity there wasn't more of a focus on that - wow, such unadulterated hippieness! The AH crew would have plenty to say about them... :pac:

What a voice Stevie Nicks has - and she still looks amazing. Huge influence on Courtney Love, which isn't hard to see.

For loads on Early Mac watch Peter Green: Man of the World Saturday, November 7th, 12:45am to 2:25am (set the vid!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭rednik

Having just seen the band in the 02 I really enjoyed the programme. How the hell did they ever complete Rumours, its a bloody miracle. I suppose even more so was the fact they continued to bring out more albums. Great docu on a great band.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

mike65 wrote: »
    For loads on Early Mac watch Peter Green: Man of the World Saturday, November 7th, 12:45am to 2:25am (set the vid!)

BBC4 again, I presume?

oops yes.

Ah crap, I'll miss it. I don't like this Friday and Saturday night lark for great music documentaries at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭betistuc

Is this a Fleetwood Mac thread i'm reading? The song "Oh Well" parts 1&2 with Peter Green was the best I ever heard.

On the subject of BBC4, did any Robert Wyatt fans see the docu called Forever Young-How rock and roll grew up. I need to know what song he perfomed on it. About 25 mins in I think.

Already asked this on What song thread but no replies so far.

Advertisement