Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Probem with BT router and broadband

Options
  • 01-11-2009 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭

I switched to BT some months ago but continued using my netopia router, had no problems and was happy with package.
    The 3 weeks ago I broke the netopia router, no problem, I'll just plug in the BT one.....3 BT routers and many phone calls later still no broadband.
    BT say there's a fault and keep have reported the fault twice eircom say its fixed?:confused:
    BT are saying it's due to a weak electrical charge on the line, I can get a signal with a borrowed netopia router(DSL light flashes but can connect) but not bt one, eircom say I have broadband, not their problem.
    Anyone else had this problem?
    Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

mymo wrote: »
    I switched to BT some months ago but continued using my netopia router, had no problems and was happy with package.
    The 3 weeks ago I broke the netopia router, no problem, I'll just plug in the BT one.....3 BT routers and many phone calls later still no broadband.
    BT say there's a fault and keep have reported the fault twice eircom say its fixed?:confused:
    BT are saying it's due to a weak electrical charge on the line, I can get a signal with a borrowed netopia router(DSL light flashes but can connect) but not bt one, eircom say I have broadband, not their problem.
    Anyone else had this problem?
    Any ideas?

Its sounds weird you get a signal on a Neopia Router and not BT. Is BT router the Wireless or Wired?

If you PM if your e-mail address i sent you the latest firmware file if you haven't already tried it yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Hi thanks for reply,
    Its the wireless router, I can connect to router just no dsl signal with the BT ones(they sent me 3 as they thought they were the problem) Voyager something, sorry away the last while and can't remember full name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

mymo wrote: »
    Hi thanks for reply,
    Its the wireless router, I can connect to router just no dsl signal with the BT ones(they sent me 3 as they thought they were the problem) Voyager something, sorry away the last while and can't remember full name.

Ok, If you just connect the Router to a PC with a Ethernet cable and go to > 192.168.1.1 routers default gateway you should see what firmware is installed > If you have Version 3.62 or 3.63 then you have the latest already.

Thanks will try that when I get home. Sent pm.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

3.63 has been rolled back to 3.62 due to issues with stability with 3.63, if you already have 3.63 and you try to upgrade it will take you back to 3.62, 3.63 has been discontinued.

• Advertisement

Thanks very much for your help, eircom engineer rang this morning, found another fault. This is the third time fault reported and they found a fault or in the case of the first report 3 faults.
    Unbelievable there could be that much wrong with one line. BT customer care have been great always polite and helpful and are crediting my account due to me being without bb since oct 11th.

Edited to add, should I upgrade the firmware from .63 to .62 then? or wait and see if there's a prolem first?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

3.63 can cause intermittent connection issues, so if you're having this problem or have in the past I strongly advise you to go to 3.62

To do so just go to 192.168.1.1 -> Advanced -> Advanced -> System -> Upgrade -> Upgrade Button

Advertisement