Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alarm problem

Options
  • 01-11-2009 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

im having a problem with my car alarm, i can only set it with the alarm key, the separate button on the key ring doesn't arm or disarm the alarm so it goes off every time i have to get in the car. The light flashes on the key ring so i dont think its the battery. any ideas what the problem is?????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭cascade35

What make is the car?
    Is it a standard or after market alarm?
    No harm changing batteries on the key fob,
    Maybe if you can put up more info we can help you sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭|MarK|

Its an after market alarm in a mitsubishi colt, i didnt buy the alarm so couldnt give u a make, do you reckon it could be the battery in the key ring, it lights up when i press it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭cascade35

If you change the battery then that is one possible cause illuminated.
    After market alarms can be trouble,Its not uncommon for people to disconnect them completely.
    Can you see the alarm box under the bonnet? If so has it got a slot for a key to fit in and turn off the alarm?
    Maybe a photo of the key fob and alarm box will help identify the make of alarm.
    Is there a window sticker on the drivers window with a warning this car is alarmed or something similar? Make of alarm might be on it.

Advertisement