Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA - Got 68.10 instead of the usual 204.30 - HELP!

Options
  • 01-11-2009 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

This question is in the title so you don't need to read the below unless you want a few details... here we go anyway...

This is a weird one so any advice would be greatly appreciated!!! I'm on my second year (fetac 6) of a plc course and am supposed to be on BTEA as I was last year. I got the "you have been approved" letter from the SW.

Around the same time I changed address (from Navan to Dublin) a few weeks before the course started and notified my old and new welfare offices (as I was told). This included proof of address, letter from new landlord etc etc... So I jumped through all their hoops...

So I started the course mid Sept. I went in to my new local office a few weeks after (off my own back) to hand in my proof that I'm a full time student because I noticed the description was still DSW-VOTE and not DSW-BTEA as it was last year on my internet banking statement. So I gave them (New Dublin local office) the confirmation from the college anyway just to be sure after I was approved for BTEA again. This was a couple of months ago.

The guy said they are busy in Navan and don't worry they emailed my old office to get my details transferred to the Dublin office. Now I was still getting the 204.30 so I was happy enough UNTIL a couple of days ago...

My last payment I received is 'DSW-VOTE 68.10euro'!? So I went into my new office once again thinking it should be a simple fix. The civil servant said she "..doesn't know why it's 68euro..". So she rang the supervisor back in Navan and she told me this....

Because I registered for the BTEA at my old Navan office, that's where the details/transactions will remain. ?!? She proceeded to say ".. it doesn't matter if you change address ten times, that will always be where the BTEA details will reside.." Also, they forwarded any course/btea related forms BACK to navan.. :eek:

(...wtf...)

So I don't know why I got the 68.10. My circumstances haven't changed financially and it's a full time course. I've not even a part time job. Has anyone experienced this at all? Or something similar? By the way Navan have never answered their phone in the 18months I've occasionally needed to call. So I may have to spend the price on a return ticket from Dublin to Kennedy Road in Navan. Hopefully if thats the case it will be just the once.

Thanks for any advice. :(

Advertisement