Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaking up gift

Options
  • 01-11-2009 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    my girlfriend of 2 years is heading away indefinitely around the world. We're not going to stay together but I want to get her something nice for her travels. Was going to get her a diary but she already got one from her parents. Anyone have any ideas for a nice, thoughtful gift?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

perhaps a nice charm bracelet or necklace that she can add to on her travels?
    links do a lovely bracelet that you can add any sort of charms too, doesn't cost the earth either... the pandora charm bracelets are really popular at the moment but you pretty much have to buy the pandora charms for it..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

A digital camera?

An itouch for internet on the go?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭itac

If you have the time (and the inclination/patience) you could get a digital picture keyring and load it up with pics of her/family/places she likes etc?

Think they're about €30 or so, you'll probably find cheaper if you shop round-I know argos have them, I'm sure most of the currys/dixons/general shopping centre superstores will have them in some variety.
    Got one for a friend recently who's a bit of homebird for his emigration, and he loved it, so it might a nice thing for her to have with her for when she's away?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,279 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

While no doubt your break-up is a personal issue, requesting ideas for gifts is not and so I'm moving this.

Moved from PI.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Tony255

How about a backpack I bought my buddy one of these when he went travelling for 18 months and its something that she will use everyday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

Tony255 wrote: »
    How about a backpack I bought my buddy one of these when he went travelling for 18 months and its something that she will use everyday.

It'd be near impossible for a fella to choose a girl's rucksack properly. back size and shape is completely different so ya can't just buy one you find nice and comfy if it's not for someone of your gender at the very least.

Unless of course you wanted to take her in to try them on and then get her one she likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

Thanks for your advice everyone, just dropped her to the airport there *sniff*. I liked the charm bracelet idea but she's really just staying in the one place so I got her instead a photography book of Vietnam and another of Ireland which I hope she'll keep beside her bed. Plenty more fish in the tree so ladies...I shall see you in Copper's this weekend!!! I'll be the really good looking guy with no money :cool:

Advertisement