Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facial Cream - Alcohol

Options
  • 01-11-2009 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Isn't Alcohol bad for the skin?

I have some facial cream for moisture + anti-aging/wrinkle and when I look at the ingredients I read 'Alcohol Denat.'

I find it a bit of a paradox but I am no expert. Does anyone know if facial cream with alcohol should be avoided?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Excessive/prolonged consumption of alcohol is bad for many of the body's systems/organs, and I suppose the skin is no exception: think thread veins, alcoholics' bulbous noses etc, and I'm sure it doesn't help wrinkles very much either.

However, there's no need to worry about the alcohol found in skin creams. In creams, it would be present in small quantities only in any case. In a lotion (a preparation that is designed to evaporate from the skin, usually with the dual purpose of cooling the skin and also of leaving the active ingredient behind eg calamine lotion for sunburn etc), alcohol is probably the most abundant ingredient present.

Advertisement