Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby Girl Name, your thoughts pls?

Options
  • 01-11-2009 2:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Looking for a nice name for a baby girl....
    Came across the name Aleyah.
    I think it's pretty and just wondering what anyones thoughts on it are?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Looking for a nice name for a baby girl....
    Came across the name Aleyah.
    I think it's pretty and just wondering what anyones thoughts on it are?

I wouldn't know whether to pronounce it "ah-lay-ah" or "ah-lee-ah" ... or other?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Aliesha(know a woman who was told by the ones doing out her birth cert that they wouldn't let her spell her kids name the way that she wanted it spelt-not sure if they are allowed to do that.....look into it!!!!)
    Alana or spelt Alannah or...Alanna

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

It's lovely, but like previous poster would know if it was Ay-lee-ah or Ay-lie-ah... two ways to pronounce it!!

ToniTuddle, my mam told me that when she was registering my birth the lady in the office kept telling her she was spelling my name wrong and nearly insisted that my mother spell it "Adrienne", my mam was having none of it though knew she wanted it spelt this way lol. Just stand your ground if you know you're right.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭hiltonhater

A-lee-ah is how R Kellys now dead ex wife used to prnounce it if that is any use.

Just stand your ground if you know you're right.

Exactly! I know in a certain country they banned the name Metallica being used as some many babies were being called that!

Anyhoo back to the first name -Aleyah (or however you plan on spelling it)
    Try and find out the background to the name as well. That can be pretty interesting.
    All the best in the future to you and the baby!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 PhoenixGirl

Ok I found it in a book pronounced 'ah-lay-ah' and it has various spellings
    Aaliya, Aailiyah, Aalia

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Drop the leading A. Just have Leah.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭hiltonhater

my sister came up with a name last night for me - Aryan because me and the father are both blonde haired etc,.... she didnt get WHY this might be a bit controversial. bless her!

She could always change the Aryan to....Erin :D
    Sounds nearly the same:cool:..well..kinda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

TBH I dont like the name. It sounds like an Isreali airline.

• Advertisement

Aailiyah
    Wasn't she that singer that was killed few years back.... good enough singer.... was in that film Queen Of The Damned with Stuart Townsend

That's a funky spelling too. But be careful picking a name that other people can shorten.....like they could shorten that down to 'Ali'.

Advertisement