Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you get both Back To Education and VEC grant?

Options
  • 01-11-2009 1:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭

I've applied for a VEC grant and not sure if I will be getting it or what one I'll even be allowed if I am granted it. I've sent forms in late for the Back To Education. So I may get that....though I may not:confused:
    Slightly concerned now incase I'm only allowed to get one of them!!

Is there anyone out there who is getting both....and are you actually ALLOWED to get both. I've been told the VEC and Social have nothing to do with each other but I want to be legal and above board:eek:

Any info would be appreciated:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=56473167#5

Looks like you can.
    Can I get both a grant and the BTEA?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Thank you for that!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

the back to education allowance doesnt have a time limit to apply for it so to speak. its means tested on wether you have been claiming a social welfare payment for the last 12 months, and in some cases, your facilitator will drop this time frame to 9 months.

the VEC grant is completly seperate to this and is awarded based on your financial situation of 2008 for applications for the grant for this current year.

both groups will ask you if you have applied for the other, but it has nothing to do with your eligibility.

as long as you meet the requirements for both payments, then you should get both payments.

if either group tells you you cant have it, because you have the other, raise hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

*Crosses fingers and toes!*

Hopefully I'll hear some word this week from the BTE at least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Trish2007

Yes you can get both as I am.

• Advertisement
Advertisement