Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

E36

Options
  • 01-11-2009 1:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭

I have a 96 E36 318i

my daily driver.

I've had it for 11 years, its never let me down.

190K miles. Nct until 8/11

Question is, do I store it & make it a classic, or sell it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭kdevitt

An E36 318i will never be considered a classic imo. If its doing the job for you, theres no need to sell it though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

kdevitt wrote: »
    An E36 318i will never be considered a classic imo. If its doing the job for you, theres no need to sell it though!

No, but good examples are getting hard to find already, in 10 or 15 years time it will probably be worth more than it is now. I have an E36 316i SE Auto with less than 100k and leather seats and kept in great condition, such cars are hard to find, I will never sell my car as it is worth so much more to me than the measly grand or two I'd get for it at the moment. I plan to get maybe an E90 next year and I will garage the e36 as it was my first car and I had alot of good times in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭cusackd

IMHO i dont think itll be a classic unlike the e30 that was hard to find a good one under 6-7k and with little M badge add another 10 (pre recession), the e36 318 was just like any old astra or passat a daily driver but if you wanna garage an e36 why dont you sell the one you have and get an e36 m3 or the evolution theres a few them around and there cheap as chips, amazing car and im sure itll pull the money in another 15 years or so, but for the space that cars take up is it really a intelligent investment, i could think of easier ways to make a few grand over a decade. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

too many of them made for it to be ever a classic.

a 850csi

now, thats a classic....

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭cusackd

although there where 15 million Ford Model Ts built

• Advertisement
Advertisement