Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Look Meternity

Options
  • 01-11-2009 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭

OK, so it's come to the time where I no longer fit into anything i own!!

Does anyone know what New Look branches in Dublin carry maternity wear? I know the one in Liffey Valley does, but I am in south county dublin and do not drive....long treks on public transport are getting harder these days!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Sorry, only know the one in Omni, Santry!!

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

ooops! sorry for the typo in title...meant mAternity!!! :o

hacked wrote: »
    ooops! sorry for the typo in title...meant mAternity!!! :o

Ah shure, we all know what ya mean ;)

Would buying online be an option? New Look online deliver to Ireland.

yeah, I hd considered that. Unfortunately I kinda need them now as I have nothing to wear, and I dont know what their sizes are like so I'm afraid to order something thats too big or too small!
    Sure if the worst comes to the worst I'll pop over to Liffey Valley.

You know whats great for emergency pregnancy wear? Jumper dresses and heavy tights... Should tide you over till you can get to a new look

• Advertisement

thats a good suggestion! i was just thinking i have a stretchy skirt or two i could use temporarily.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

Next are great for maternity jeans and trousers, especially as they do them in differing lengths. I did not find new look any good but that is just me - the only good thing they had sold out weeks ago (a maternity duffle coat).

thanks cathy....did you have any experience with H&M maternity? Next doesnt seem to have a lot at the moment. I just need a coat and some shirts or something. I don't want ot buy loads...but trying to buy on the cheap as I'll only get 3 or 4 months out of them anyway!

I looked but did not see anything there, but I am very fussy. I got a few dresses last year that were one size but basically empire line (have a fairly big bust but was skinny else where), I spoiled myself and got a nice dress in Benettor but it was pricey (close to 50 Eur). Topshop look good but are very pricey...am shocked at the lack of decent maternity wear, there is a good company in the UK but I would like to see the clothes. I need a cardi/coat and loved this one but it is very dear. http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=19551&storeId=12556&categoryId=42393&parent_category_rn=42391&productId=1363942&langId=-1

The nice one they had in NewLook was simular to this one, I hope that they get it back, am consifering seeing if I can get it on ebay. http://www.newlook.co.uk/1734553/173455301/ProductDetails.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

I bought my trousers in next and tops in H&M. Found the trousers in H&M were a little uncomfortable. Lots of skinny jeans if your into that...sadly I don't have the legs for them:o. Tops were good though. There is a New Look in the new shopping centre in Arklow if thats any good to you and they stock a good range of maternity wear.

Bit of advice with the trousers..I prefered the ones that come over your bump rather than the ones that sit under it. Spent half the day pulling them up when my bump got really big!

• Advertisement

Hi hacked,

Where in south country dublin are you? Dorothy Perkins in Shaws in Dun Laoghaire have a few maternity bits. Not a huge selection but it should keep you going until you get some delivered. Also, sign up for their newsletter online as they have alot of 20% off days etc and they only charge in sterling so there are savings to be made!

Also, for onlne shopping, asos do maternity clothes (I am considering having another child since I discovered this :pac:)

edit: Dunnes used to have a fairly good maternity range, have they stopped doing this now?

Dunnes stopped over 2 years ago :(

Pity, they had some nice affordable stuff. Musn't have been selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

They would have made a fortune this year with the baby boom and the fact that we are all broke!!

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭beachbabe

Next maternity have more stuff online then in the shops, same for m and s. Next give you the option of delivery to your nearest store, or your home. I got stuff delivered to the shop, that way you can go in, try on the stuff and get the store to organise the returing of stuff if needed.
    Littlewoods online also have a good reasonable range.
    onceborn.com is also a good site for breast feeding tops etc.
    Funkymumtobe.ie is another good site.
    Personally I found a much better range shopping online.

hey guys, thanks!

I live close to Dun Laoghaire and have found Shaw's to be ok. They seem to have mostly jeans....which I am sorted for. I wasn't really too fond of their tops through! Fussy :o

I love funky mum! Seriously, if I had the time I would totally order. Unfortunately I left maternity wear till the last minute, so I just need to go in, try it on and pay for it at the is point. I'm a few days off 23 weeks and fit into two tops. I don't want to keep wearing them for fear I will stretch them out too much soon!!

I haven't seen any H&M stuff...but New look stuff looks ok. I'm thinking if I really cant find anything decent I can just buy some long sleeve tops in NL maternity and some open jumpers from pennys or something! Sure as long as I'm warm I'm happy! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭beachbabe

hacked,
    I don't know if you have any bump bands. They are great for getting a bit longer out of tops ec, as your bump is covered and not visible at the bottom of your top.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭fi1979

I got those bump bands, in Neu Look, they're great, you get ages more of your own tops, and trousers, and don't feel self conscious. you get 3 for €12, one white, one black and one grey, they're excellent, and warm!!
    Also got loads of those open "batwing" cardies in Pennys, stick a brooch on the front and they drop straight down, and nobody knows a thing about what you've under it!

well if i ever have a second child i'll know what to do next time!! I've got two big for bellybands now unfortunately :( I seem to be growing more everyday! At the end of each week I seem huge compared to the last week.
    I looked in H&M and a few places and there is shockingly little. Just going to go on a hunt for super stretchy tops tomorrow and see what I can find. Also a coat...getting freezing out!!

Thanks all xx

Maternity wear is actually ****e. However...heads up to all clothes hunters....Pennys new range of jumpers and warm tops for winter are very stretchy and some are very good for pregnancy. Hit a gold mine in there today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Elle13

hacked wrote: »
    OK, so it's come to the time where I no longer fit into anything i own!!

Does anyone know what New Look branches in Dublin carry maternity wear? I know the one in Liffey Valley does, but I am in south county dublin and do not drive....long treks on public transport are getting harder these days!

Hiya,

I have quite a few maternity bits from New Look.. I did get it all on line.. only took about 4 days for delivery from UK and worked a good bit cheaper even after paying postage.
    I know there is New Look which stocks Maternity range in Tallaght..thats South side..

Advertisement