Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fiat Stereo - alternative?

Options
  • 31-10-2009 7:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭

Today I got my new (2nd hand) 06 Idea. Lovely car but not a great stereo.
    Trying to get BBC Radio 4 is very difficult. Can you fit non Fiat stereos into these? If not, how can I improve the radio reception? Different aerial?

Also, there was no code card in the owners pack. If the garage can't find this, how easy is it to get a replacement? What do I need?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Code card can be got from any dealer with proof of ownership, someone gave the price in another thread (your thread, I believe...) - 27 euro or something like that?

You can fit any normal car stereo with a fascia adapter - most of them give you a standard DIN slot and a cubby for CDs in the space the big front of the Blaupunkt took up. I *think* the longwave antenna is actually inside the stereo (it is for non-car units anyway), so theres nothing that can be done with the FM aerial for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Thanks for your replies. I'll ask the dealer to order a card for me. On another note, I'm so used to my baby jeep which had a parking mirror on the front left bonnet that I find it difficult to judge the kerb now :o. Granted I've only had the car for a few hours and will probably get used to it but with the smaller wing mirrors I need all the help I can get. Any ideas?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Can't help on the parking issue, two reasons
    1: I'm male :D
    2: I drive a tiny, tiny Fiat that doesn't have any issues parking...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

MYOB wrote: »
    Can't help on the parking issue, two reasons
    1: I'm male :D
    2: I drive a tiny, tiny Fiat that doesn't have any issues parking...

No worries :). Wish I could afford a Fiat 500 though!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement