Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Big 2-1

Options
  • 31-10-2009 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭

So, my 21st birthday is rapidly approaching and I haven't a flamin' idea what I want to do for it! I don't really want the "big" party, as I'm not one for that even though my mates keep pestering me about it.

I was thinking obviously dinner with my family (night of), maybe cocktails with the girls after. But, the Thursday beforehand...no idea! Talking to a friend and my mum earlier, they suggested maybe drinks and nibbles (lol, love that word :o ) at the house then onto town? Have my main friends here, then meet up everyone at a club or bar in town? More of a "if you can come come, if not...presents should be sent too 123 somethingwitty lane" :p I don't like the pressure of will/won't people come.

So my question, (finally got to it) what did ye do for it? mind you, I like to have fun so intend on doing something!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Went for dinner with family on my 21st.
    Went for dinner with college mates the day after.
    Went for cocktails and piss up on the Friday.

I hate big huge 21st parties where you rent out a function room and the whole family is there and there's a 100 pairs of eyes on you for the whole night.

What I think you have planned is pretty cool and will go down a hoot.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Mine's not til may. I will be drinking with my Closest buddies I think, I am not one for massive get togethers so I am not going for anything big. Maybe just tell everyone on my facebook the pub I will be at and say presents will only be accepted in the form of Alcohol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Yeah I don't the 21sts that are on at "GAA Clubs" - kinda ****e venue and hale no to the whole family aka old fogies attending lol, my mates don't need to mix with my crazy Aunt Mary :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Vinta81 wrote: »
    Yeah I don't the 21sts that are on at "GAA Clubs" - kinda ****e venue and hale no to the whole family aka old fogies attending lol, my mates don't need to mix with my crazy Aunt Mary :p

I went to only one of those, it ended up with me doing something stupid!!!!

Besides, I barely tollerate most of my family, I definitely wouldn't mix them with my friends!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Vinta81 wrote: »
    Talking to a friend and my mum earlier, they suggested maybe drinks and nibbles (lol, love that word :o ) at the house then onto town? Have my main friends here, then meet up everyone at a club or bar in town? More of a "if you can come come, if not...presents should be sent too 123 somethingwitty lane" :p I don't like the pressure of will/won't people come.

That's pretty much exactly what I did for mine! I'd about 20 of my friends at the house, along with my (big!) family, I ordered a load of Bistro pizzas beforehand, had drink and pringles and lots of sweets etc in the house, we stayed there for a couple of hours and then just went on a pub crawl and met everyone else in the night club. One of the best nights ever!

Also, seeing as it was my 21st, I bought this totally over-the-top princess type dress, it was so beautiful, I looked totally out of place in the pub but I didn't care - I loved it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

That's pretty much exactly what I did for mine! I'd about 20 of my friends at the house, along with my (big!) family, I ordered a load of Bistro pizzas beforehand, had drink and pringles and lots of sweets etc in the house, we stayed there for a couple of hours and then just went on a pub crawl and met everyone else in the night club. One of the best nights ever!

Also, seeing as it was my 21st, I bought this totally over-the-top princess type dress, it was so beautiful, I looked totally out of place in the pub but I didn't care - I loved it!

Oh haven't even thought about my dress yet! Bollocks :( Gonna have to be something different!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

The day before and into the day I went for drinks with the girls that ended up being a very late night.
    The day of it I was working but all the work girls brought me for lunch then out for dinner with parents.
    The weekend of it I had a small party only close family and friends. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

have a pajama party there always great fun and when the women wear skimpy nice things its just awesome...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭DancingDaisy

My birthday was a Saturday, so I had a family party the Friday night in my house, and then had a handful of my close friends over on the Saturday night. Was good fun, and relaxed because it was at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

So long ago I don't remember :P I think I flew home for the occasion though. What happened after that remains a mystery. My friends/family are scattered to the wind so if I'd hired a pub or something I would have been nursing beers with just my sister for company :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

moved from tLL.

Advertisement