Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Capri Distributer Cap.

Options
  • 31-10-2009 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Just took a look at the electrics there recently to see if everything was alright. When i took out the leads i found them in this state (pictures). I could'nt believe it. That was a brand new distributer cap and leads from performance leads.co.uk. they replaced them without hassle thank god but ive been told the problem was the fitting not the leads. the spark was jumping from the lead to the cap which causes the green oxidisation. Im sort of thinking it was probably the dizzy as the leads really were'nt making the sort of positive click also the leads were brass while the connectors in the dizzy were a silver colour. Has anyone ever had this problem? I really dont want to ruin another pair of perfectly good leads is there a specific make of dizzy i should get? (part number maybe?)

BTW both leads and dizzy were less then 5 months old!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭The-Ry-Man06

Just in caseanyones wonderin. Turns out theres 3 different types of distributer cap for the mk3 1.6 SOHC capri:confused:. One is very different (absolutely massive) and will be obvious if its wrong but the the other two are very similar. I went with the Bosch hopefully it wont do the same thing to the leads as the last.

Advertisement