Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Windows rubbing

Options
  • 31-10-2009 2:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭

Had this problem on every car I've owned and would love to know how to fix it myself:

The drivers side window makes a high pitched scraping noise and seems to be rubbing very slightly as it goes up, is it a case of adjusting something inside the door?

The scrapes I'm guessing are dirt trapped in the rubber, but the rubbign I have no idea

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Rubber lube .Spray it into the door runners and you should be sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

A little squirt of washing up lquid in the tracks each side of the window will do wonders...
    do it with the window down and then run it up/down a few times

• Registered Users Posts: 22,015 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Silicone spray from a motor factor.

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement