Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rampage

Options
  • 31-10-2009 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭

What are everyone elses views on Rampage??

I've met the guy twice, Belfast and London and both times he was arrogant and had a 'couldn't be arsed' attitude towards the fans, yet in London, a few minutes later some cameras turned up and he completely changed.

His coaching in TUF sucks in a big way, and i'm not liking the way he's ducking a fight with Rashad, he knew when he took the job on as coach that he would be expected to fight Rashad after, yet he's quit instead!!

Also i know that medical checks for these fighters are rigourous, but what's the story with mental health checks? IMO there's something not quite right with the guy.

Does anybody else know what came off his hit and run charges? I can't recall a court date or anything?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

I used to like him, but my opinions have changed recently due to the way he acts on TUF, but since there is already a thread on TUF, a thread about him being in A-Team/quitting UFC then no real need for a response here.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,151 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

TUF has completely changed my mind. I used to think of him as a laid back funny likeable dude and Rashad a cocky ass.

Now it's the opposite. Rampage comes across as selfish and a bully, where my respect for Rashad has really grown!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

The phrase "in little doses" is highly applicable when it comes to Quinton.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I dont really buy a lot of the TUF editing.Its very chop and change so I doubt its telling the whole story.I do think he's a terrible coach though.

As for personal experience,I meat him the day before and the morning of the Forrest Griffin fight.The day before he happily signed stuff for people even though you could tell he was drained from cutting.Same the next morning, a few people asked for his autograph and he couldnt have been nicer to them.He even complimented my name since he never heard it before :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

scudzilla wrote: »
    Does anybody else know what came off his hit and run charges? I can't recall a court date or anything?

So far ....
    he pleaded guilty to one felony count of evading a police officer and driving against traffic and one misdemeanor count of driving recklessly as part of a plea agreement. Jackson will not be sentenced until January 7, 2010; in the meantime, he must complete 200 hours of community service attend mental health therapy, pay restitution, and comply with other terms and conditions. Based on his compliance, the felony charges may be dropped, or Jackson may be sentenced to additional probation or jail time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

He even complimented my name since he never heard it before :pac:

yeah "Ultimate Chin" is unique!! :cool:

Advertisement