Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Emission nct failure..

Options
  • 31-10-2009 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭

My car failed the test on friday on emissions...the guy said it was because i had a small leak on the middle and back box ..as these are after the sensor and cat is this possible to affect the reading..?
    its a 03 megane and he said this was a common problem on this model...:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,286 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Yes, a leak downstream of the cat/sensor will affect the reading. It may cause the car to have a Lambda of >1.03 which is a fail.

If the hole is small it may be possible to repair the exhaust cheaply rather than replacing it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

The reading was 1.236....probably high :confused:......

Just had a look under..theres a pinhole in the weld at the mid box..and one on the rear box too...i'll get them welded up next week...just hope it solves the problem..the PinHole fairy strikes again...:rolleyes:
    tnx for the reply..;)

Advertisement