Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Secret E34 Cabrio That Never Made It

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

That's an old story now Saab Ed, I've got real photos of that car somewhere, I saw that car in the early 90's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

junkyard wrote: »
    That's an old story now Saab Ed, I've got real photos of that car somewhere, I saw that car in the early 90's.

Sorry :( It was new to me. Good looking motor car, shame they didnt make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,800 ✭✭✭✭unkel

That's a bit of a shocker. More handsome and elegant than any 3 series cabrio has ever been imho. Or thinking again, it would have blasted most of the other competition away too. Saab 900 / 9-3, even A4 and CLK but maybe not so much W124. What year are we talking here, OP?

Edit - story is new to me too. Shocking it didn't make it. Why not? :(

unkel wrote: »
    . What year are we talking here, OP?

Dont know Unkel. There's a link to the story just above the picture. Maybe junkyard knows more.

Don't be sorry, I wasn't having a go at you!!! Daimler made a similar droptop based on the X300 but never produced it commercially either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

unkel wrote: »
    Edit - story is new to me too. Shocking it didn't make it. Why not? :(

Look up Autocar...

Apparantly it was pulled mere days before launch because the marketeers decided it would harm sales of the 3 convertible...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

All I can say is wow. I'm no fanboy of any make, but that looks so complete. Gorgeous. Good find Ed

I saw the car in 1993 or 94 but I think it was built in 89 or 90.

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Dont know Unkel. There's a link to the story just above the picture. Maybe junkyard knows more.

Can't find that link. Just read the comments though and this picture was poste there:

e34c03xu1.jpg

Poor quality pic, I know, but how come a serioulsy elegant cabrio was never put into production? :(

Its fantastic. Why didnt they make it!!!!! have you anymore of these Junkyard. Might be a good idea for a thread " Cars that never got made " ;)

• Advertisement

junkyard wrote: »
    I saw the car in 1993 or 94 but I think it was built in 89 or 90.

Ignoring my last fanboy comment but...your posts and opinions always interest me...how'd you see it? We want a good story here:D

Time to start a thread on cars that never made it to market or another interesting one would be one off cars like the estate Ferraris etc.

There was a lot of us posting / editing at the same time :D

EPM wrote: »
    Ignoring my last fanboy comment but...your posts and opinions always interest me...how'd you see it? We want a good story here:D

I get around, if I told you I have to kill you.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

that thing is lovely. I'm a fan of BM's and thats a lot more elegant than any other cabrio BM produced at that time or since. (although i am a fan of the current 6 series cabrio.)

i'm thinking Roger Moore right now, anyone else?

Advertisement