Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apply The Breaks - Podcast (Drum & Bass)

Options
  • 30-10-2009 11:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭

The 7th episode of the podcast is now online, and for once its on time!

Search the i tunes store for apply the breaks or paste the following links into your browser:

Listen:
    http://applythebreaks.jellycast.com/files/audio/Apply_the_Breaks_Podcast_Episode_7_128.mp3

Subscribe (must have itunes installed):
    itpc://applythebreaks.jellycast.com/podcast/feed/2

Dont forget you can catch us tommorrow night at the return of the mighty Graffiti Breaks at the Rhtyhm Factory in Vauxhall!

Tracklist:
    1. Danny Byrd feat Zarif– “California” – Full English
    2. Calvin Harris – “Ready For The Weekend” (High Contrast Remix) - Columbia
    3. Break – “Winter Sun” - ?
    4. Metric – “Anthem 09” - Viper
    5. Total Science – “Soul patrol” (Lenzman’s Deep in your soul Remix) - CIA
    6. Lenzman & Red Eyes – “Thieves in the night” - Integral
    7. Alix Perez - “Forsaken” feat Peven Everett and Spectra Soul – Shogun Audio
    8. Drumsound and Simon Bassline Smith – “Stay Loose (Tear drops)” - Technique
    9. MRSA – “Different” –Hospital
    10. Fresh feat Stamina MC and Koko – “Hypercaine” – Breakbeat Kaos
    11. Tonic – “Future bound” - ?
    12. DJ Fresh – “Gold dust” - ?
    13. Sub Focus – “Follow the light” - RAM
    14. Sigma – “Nexus” - Life
    15. EZ Rollers – “Here I am” - Mastermind
    16. Roni Size – “Its jazzy” (Nu tone Remix) – Liquid V
    17. Lemonade – “Nobody” - ?
    18. Deadmau5 – “I Remember” (J Majik and Wickerman Remix) – Mau5trap
    19. Far Too Loud V Code Zero – “Blackout” (Muffler and gen remix) - Funkatech
    20. Drumsound and Simon Bassline Smith – “Mafia” - Technique
    21. Logistics – “Eastern promise” – Hospital
    22. Cabbie and Pappa G - “Pirates” (Crissy Chris Remix) – Biological Beat
    23. Basement Jaxx – “Feelings Gone” (Spor Remix) - Ultra

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

Apply the hardcore breaks even? I'll give it a listen though Johnny, mite open my eyes to deebee a bit more, cheers man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

FLYNN-DOG wrote: »
    Apply the hardcore breaks even? I'll give it a listen though Johnny, mite open my eyes to deebee a bit more, cheers man

this particular mix is more Drum & Bass but they are known to play the occasional HCB tune, they are IMO the no 1 Breakbeat collective in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Tracklist is pretty bog standard UK student night fare, I like those Lenzman cuts and that Alix Perez and Spectrasoul collaboration, the rest is pretty mucky though... More cheese than the Superquinn cheese counter...

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Nedermeyer

Tracklist is pretty bog standard UK student night fare, I like those Lenzman cuts and that Alix Perez and Spectrasoul collaboration, the rest is pretty mucky though... More cheese than the Superquinn cheese counter...

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Nedermeyer

Jesus, i hadn't even looked at the tracklist !

No way you can advertise that as drum n bass with a deadmau5 and a basement jaxx tune in there !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Nedermeyer wrote: »
    Jesus, i hadn't even looked at the tracklist !

No way you can advertise that as drum n bass with a deadmau5 and a basement jaxx tune in there !

In fairness they are Drum & Bass remixes of those artists.

for the record i wasn't too impressed with this mix either but in general ATB are excellent

Advertisement