Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Discworld game- Rincewinds dirty mouth.

• 30-10-2009 11:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

There's rumors that in the first Discworld game; Rincewind reluctantly says:

"I'd like to be the first person to say "****" in a video game"

I doubt this is true, but there are alot of sources that back this up

Any disagreements? If one of you has found it, know it's real and know where to find a video, or when actully in the game it's said.. Please let me know!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

PeteyMax wrote: »
    There's rumors that in the first Discworld game; Rincewind reluctantly says:

"I'd like to be the first person to say "****" in a video game"

I doubt this is true, but there are alot of sources that back this up

Any disagreements? If one of you has found it, know it's real and know where to find a video, or when actully in the game it's said.. Please let me know!

Sounds true to me I can just about hear Eric Idle as Rincewind saying it. But would be 14 years since I played it originally on the PC so could easily be wrong. Might still have it and the walkthrough will go look if not I'm sure it will be online somewhere. Edit > Downloadable here if you want to play it yourself - good game but you'll need the walkthrough (eventually ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 PeteyMax

ttm wrote: »
    Sounds true to me I can just about hear Eric Idle as Rincewind saying it. But would be 14 years since I played it originally on the PC so could easily be wrong. Might still have it and the walkthrough will go look if not I'm sure it will be online somewhere. Edit > Downloadable here if you want to play it yourself - good game but you'll need the walkthrough (eventually ;) )

Already got it- Don't need a walkthrough any more, I've played in THAT many times, I've been playing it for probably about 12-13 years.

I really want to know if this myth is true

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

that link needs a 'donation'

http://www.abandonia.com/en/downloadgame/878

this one asks for a donation, but doesn't need it :)

that link needs a 'donation'

http://www.abandonia.com/en/downloadgame/878

this one asks for a donation, but doesn't need it :)

I've used the site that needs a 'donation' since before it required one and found it very reliable so I just go back to what I know works rather than googling for a link that I've not used myself (not saying you havn't tested your link ;)). Edit > Also for a 'donation' you can get the FD and or CD version :D but for anyone thats prepared to look futher I'm sure both will be available for free somewhere < edit

All I can be sure of about the Myth is that I hadn't read about it online before but can remember hearing something similar said that supprised me, on the other hand given the cast nothing would have supprised me that much.

I didn't think it was part of an Easter Egg as I have recently read but then can't be sure.

PeteyMax wrote: »
    Already got it- Don't need a walkthrough any more, I've played in THAT many times, I've been playing it for probably about 12-13 years.

I really want to know if this myth is true

How are you playing it? What version (patched or unpatched), what OS etc? Was thinking of seeing if it will run in a Win95 VM?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

it runs in dosbox, a dos emulator. just google and download

it runs in dosbox, a dos emulator. just google and download

I tried that a while back and it ran OK but no sound. Tried all sorts of stuff but still couldn't get sound to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 PeteyMax

ttm wrote: »
    How are you playing it? What version (patched or unpatched), what OS etc? Was thinking of seeing if it will run in a Win95 VM?

I downloaded a torrent of it. There was a simple walkthrough on how to get it working. I just did that. I'll link you guys later, if you want it.

Advertisement