Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French Broadband

Options
  • 30-10-2009 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hey,

Thinking of going to Cluny in France for the Summer. Staying in a friends house and its in the middle of nowhere. Is there anyway I could get those PAYG dongles and connect them to my laptop?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Just googled that for you and they do have the 3G USB key alright.

Here you go: http://www.orange.fr/bin/frame.cgi?u=http%3A//mobile.orange.fr/content/ge/high/v2_offre_boutique/offre/internet_everywhere/fie_presentation.html

They're currently selling them for €29 EUR with 6 hours free. Then you top-up (between 20 minutes and 12 hours). No yesrly contract or anything like that.

Oh and no point in buying this now as the 6 hours free expire after 6 months and they'll probably be cheaper by next summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

RVP11 wrote: »
    Hey,

Thinking of going to Cluny in France for the Summer. Staying in a friends house and its in the middle of nowhere. Is there anyway I could get those PAYG dongles and connect them to my laptop?

Cheers

Be careful if it's in the middle of nowhere. There's a network called "F-Contact" that the three other networks roam onto in remote areas. If you're on this network, there are no data connections, just voice and text. If you can though go for Orange as opposed to SFR as the EDGE coverage in remote areas on Orange is pretty good. It's unlikely you'll get a 3G signal outside of a very significantly sized town. Good luck with it :).

Adro947 wrote: »
    Be careful if it's in the middle of nowhere. There's a network called "F-Contact" that the three other networks roam onto in remote areas. If you're on this network, there are no data connections, just voice and text. If you can though go for Orange as opposed to SFR as the EDGE coverage in remote areas on Orange is pretty good. It's unlikely you'll get a 3G signal outside of a very significantly sized town. Good luck with it :).
    I just checked the coverage maps and Cluny is covered by EDGE (but not 3G+).

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭RVP11

Cheers guys, really appreciated!

• Advertisement
Advertisement