Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any point complaining to Eircom about contention?

Options
  • 30-10-2009 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭

Or do they just not give a ****.

Paying for a 7 meg connection and getting 2 meg at peak times.

Minus whale pay for a 2 meg connection. Would work out cheaper.

Can't get Chorus UPC and **** wireless companies.

Will they listen or tell me pee off?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

If there's contention, what exactly could they do? What would be the solution? Listen to what, what is there they can do?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

You complain your exchange is congested at peak times, which it is, do not mention contention at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Unfortunately, although you can complain, they have their own little disclaimer they like to throw out at you. "That's the maximum speed we provide for you, whether you reach it or not is not our concern, we only provide you with the capabilities to recieve that much."

Usual story. Switch ISP's, ****ing eircom...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Up to X Mbps covers all. Unfortunately, fu*k all is counted as up to.
    Slugs wrote: »
    Usual story. Switch ISP's

If you switch to an eircom reseller (pretty much everyone in the DSL market) then it won't change a thing. UPC, Digiweb or LLU operators, such as Smart and Magnet, are the only ones that control their own contention on a national basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Geff

CutzEr wrote: »
    If there's contention, what exactly could they do? What would be the solution? Listen to what, what is there they can do?

Have a bigger exchange?
    You complain your exchange is congested at peak times, which it is, do not mention contention at all.

Nice tip. Will do.
    Unfortunately, although you can complain, they have their own little disclaimer they like to throw out at you. "That's the maximum speed we provide for you, whether you reach it or not is not our concern, we only provide you with the capabilities to recieve that much."

Gangsters.

I use to get 700k all the time no problem but I checked the wireless networks lately and there a lot more people with BB in the area. Mostly Eircom too. :(

Stop robbing my bandwidth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭hello932

Geff wrote: »
    Have a bigger exchange?

Nice tip. Will do.

Gangsters.

I use to get 700k all the time no problem but I checked the wireless networks lately and there a lot more people with BB in the area. Mostly Eircom too. :(

Stop robbing my bandwidth.

How many eircom wireless networks are there around you-are any using WEP-you can steal your bandwidth back!

Advertisement