Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DJ Speaker Help Needed!

Options
  • 30-10-2009 9:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭

Hey guys!
    This is my first post here and basically I need help. I've been Djing in local pubs and disco bars for the last 9 months. I have two CDJ 1000's and a DJM 400 mixer.....there not the problem! I also rushed into buying an amp, a 15 inch KME bass bin and two 12 inch KME tops......why I rushed was because I had plenty of work at the time that required them. But lately I'm getting more and more frustrated at the amount of work thats involved in carrying them around and the space they take up.
    The time has also come to buy my own car instead of using my parents......A van isnt an option due to seating requirements and any large saloon will be too costly to buy! I've found the perfect car but space is the issue.....I need to lose the bass bin! What I'm hoping to do is sell my KME gear and buy 2 speakers that have that extra bass sound needed for the type of work I do?
    Any recommendations for gear greatly appreciated?!

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

I've seen a bass bin that incorporates a powered desk with two small but very powerful tops. The whole thing is on wheels and is all stored in the bass bin, one of the handiest things I've ever used. I can't remember the make at the moment but will try and find out

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

i know your pain!

think this is the one:

http://www.b-52pro.com/Products/Matrix1000v2.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭thenashlegend

Hmmm......ya its a good idea!! But I'd like to lose the bin and keep the two speakers. The bin is the main problem, trying to fit it in a boot is the trouble. I know a guy that brings his set up in a Celica, a dual cd player, amp and two JBL and tops! I know of an FTO for sale at a good price and would like to buy it but practicality could be an issue!?

That B52 is a pretty small sytem but if you are prepared to spend the readies
    and want a quality setup there's a set of active RCF 710A on ebay for about
    1300 sterling. 1500w rms, they should do most gigs and you could always get
    a bassbin at a later stage for more bottom end.

Ya they look nice! could do the job for now! money hasnt been an issue really due to a part time job, the two tops, bin and amp set me back 2.5k, I dont mind if its good gear!! the sale of these could help me anyway!

Thanks for the help! Any more appreciated?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

RCF do great active tops. If your going without a bin(big mistake if you ask me) then 15" inch tops would help.

JBL MRX515 are great tops if you an amp fpr them.

RCF do great active tops. If your going without a bin(big mistake if you ask me) then 15" inch tops would help.

hey bill, have you heard the RCF art 525As?

Hey thanks for the advice! I like the JBL speakers......I think they could do the job nicely! I know that not using a bass bin is probably not the wisest decision I'll ever make but maybe keeping it as a backup if the occassion ever arose would be a good idea?

Hi,

I've not heard that model, but I've just DJ'd through 2 RCF NX M12A & 1 NX S25A. I was blown away by the sound. Now, the sub is not exaclty something the OP would be interested in, but the system sounded great and most certainly has opened my eyes to RCF stuff...

Its got to be said how well Active Systems can sound. After all your getting a proper powered system thats has bi-amped tops and the properly powered subs. For mobile DJ its seems like a good answer. I am sure most DJ's don't match up there systems to well.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

You could try and get empty cabinets made to the size you want and put whatever make of speaker and horn in it. I done that about 8 years ago and put all Eminence stuff in my speakers. Only had to replace one speaker and one horn in that length of time. Up on a pair of stands they are as good as any bin and top combination.

• Advertisement

Unless you know exactly what your doing, then making your own boxes is pointless.

Also, a compact sub is not exactly a great idea. Great to entertain about 50 people on a dance floor, anything more and you'll very quickly run out of steam. Sub's need to move air, any decent sub needs a large footprint and good specs otherwise your simply wasting your time and money.

Advertisement