Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creating a Web page

Options
  • 30-10-2009 9:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

I need help! I'm in college in UCD and I want to create a web page for my class. Anyway I havent really a clue where to start or what to use. I have been messing around with Dreamweaver and now I'm trying to download Wordpress, but havent a clue how to do it though. Any help would be great!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Micheal_UCD

Anyone??

Go to wordpress.org.
    Download wordpress
    Unpack it onto your hard drive
    Create a mysql database on your server
    upload the files to a directory in the htdocs folder (or whatever directory serves web pages on the server)
    with your browser navigate to the the url that reflects the wordpress folder
    walk through the setup wizard

read the docs on wordpress.org for a better description, and instructions on templating, customising and adding functionality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭DrivingInfo

Anyone??

Did i not send you a pm

Advertisement