Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shipping a Snowboard from Canada!

Options
  • 30-10-2009 8:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Just wondering if anyone has any bright / cheap ideas as to how to get a snowboard from Vancouver (Whistler) back to Ireland.

I left my board with a friend and I need to get it back over here before the white stuff starts to fall here in Europe.

I had a look on the UPS and Fedex websites but when I put in the dimensions (165cm x30cm x 10cm) they all seem to be quoting over $150. Not exactly cheap!!

Anyone done anything like this before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

I need to get it back over here before the white stuff starts to fall here in Europe.

The obvious one is snail mail, but the problem is time, speed costs money. A quick look at http://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/personal/findARate?execution=e2s1 might be able to help out.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭paulharte

what length is it??

Canadian post won't take items over a certain length, an post wont take anything over 150cm, but they will deliver it if it comes from another country!!

If you can do a surface mail option (like they have in the US), expect it to take 2-5 months... I'm not kidding!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭gavkm27

Bad luck,my housemate just went home for a visit to Ireland before the season kicked off,he was picking up some boards at home too and had a half empty snowboard bag,if you posted this a few days before could have helped ya out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 sleepyhollows

The obvious one is snail mail,.

Yeah I had at look at them alright but for some reason their website wont let me choose anything other than priority post for something that size...they are quoting me over 200 dollars
    gavkm27 wrote: »
    Bad luck,my housemate just went home for a visit to Ireland before the season kicked off,he was picking up some boards at home too and had a half empty snowboard bag,if you posted this a few days before could have helped ya out!

NOOOOOOOO....Thats sucks!! I was actually thinking of putting something similar to this on craigslist Whistler/Vancouver but really not sure what section to put it in. There doesn't seem to be any "Wanna carry a snowboard half way around the world" sections!! I was thinkin about throwing it into the housing section cause when i was there last year I pretty much spent half my days on that site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 sleepyhollows

Thanks anyway gavkm - keep your ear to the ground anyway and sure you never know.....someone else might get homesick or wanna get home for Christmas!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭gavkm27

yeah you never know,i'm prone to jumping on planes randomly,but me thinks it's gonna be an epic season this year in Canada so.....

Advertisement