Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Ray Bryant cork jazz recording?

Options
  • 30-10-2009 7:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭

Around 1992-1993 I heard a rte lyric fm radio inteview with ray bryant as he was over to play at the cork jazz...during the interview they played tunes that i think he recorded at the jazz festival...luckily i recorded it at the time..but unluckily I lost the tape recently.. Did anyone else manage to record it??

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Hi Armelodie,
    I remember seeing the Ray Bryant Trio performing at the Jazz Festival in the early nineties back when RTE used to show highlights from the festival. Unfortunately I don't have a recording.
    Regarding the interview you mention, Lyric FM didn't begin broadcasting until 1999 so it may have been FM3 you were listening to. If I'm not mistaken the late great Johnny Wadham presented a jazz program on FM3 on Sundays back then.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Cheers hermy , I think I might email lyric to see if they have any old recordings of FM3

Advertisement