Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi Multitronic or manual

Options
  • 30-10-2009 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭

I am looking into buying an Audi A4 current model and am considering going for the multitronic version. i have never owned an automatic car before and am wondering if there is any disadvantages over a manual. It will be a 2.0TDI 143bhp. Which is more troublesome manual or auto. I have heard the stories about the DMF. Any experience with either would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

early multitronics were troublesome alright, they're very well suited to diesel engines. I found it faster than a manual TBH.
    I don't think you'll get anything extra when you come to sell. in fact it might go against you. used A4 buyers are different to new A4 buyers.

Does the Multitronic fall into the same tax bracket as the manual?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

colm_mcm wrote: »
    early multitronics were troublesome alright, they're very well suited to diesel engines. I found it faster than a manual TBH.
    I don't think you'll get anything extra when you come to sell. in fact it might go against you. used A4 buyers are different to new A4 buyers.

Does the Multitronic fall into the same tax bracket as the manual?
    No. Based on a 2008 2.0tdi with 10k (taken from ROS) the auto has 154g Co2 and the manual has 139g Co2 which equates to 20% vrt versus 16% vrt, not the same but you can see the scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭Barr

My Dad was looking at the Multitronic version , when I reserched it they appear to be alot of trouble. If u want auto get a different car.

Advertisement