Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ladies watch under 700euro?

Options
  • 30-10-2009 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭

Hi guys im looking for a watch for the missus for under 700 euro. She wants something in silver thats subtle with a round face and maybe a small bit of what she would call 'bling' to match her solitaire engagement ring. Ive looked in Weirs and all along grafton street but anything that matched was fairly expensive. A couple of Gucci watches suited but Fields are looking for just over a grand. Any recommendations ? i could go to Newry if their was worth the journey?
    THanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Yea the Gucci stuff is overpriced in my humble. Cheap quartz movements for over a grand? No thanks. Dunno what you could go for though. Me I'd be going vintage mechanical, as many vintage mens watches are "ladies" sized to our eyes as the fashion for big watches is a recent thing. But that's just me.

Chances are very high that it will be cheaper outside Ireland though so maybe that is your best bet.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

thanks for the reply. i hear you about the mechanics of the Gucci's but the wife wouldn't be too concerned with the workings as she's more interested in the name to be honest.
    any recomendations would be welcome.
    Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭zenmonk

thanks for the reply. i hear you about the mechanics of the Gucci's but the wife wouldn't be too concerned with the workings as she's more interested in the name to be honest.
    any recomendations would be welcome.
    Thanks again

Get rid of her?

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

I wouldn't write off the Gucci stuff to be honest. My wife has several watches including an Omega, Tag Heuer and Movado. Mix of quartz and autos. The Gucci one has stood up really well over the last few years and always gets compliments. Most girls I know think of their watch as just a bracelet that happens to tell the time, so design is more important than function. And with the Gucci name, you can't go wrong...

Advertisement