Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How far to Enniskillen

Options
  • 30-10-2009 4:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

hi Guys

Just wondering if any of you had been to Enniskillen (Asda!) The AA route planner is telling me it takes 1hr 40mins, hubby says be there in 1 hour! Whos right, need to be back to collect kids from school :))

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Would be helpful if you stated where you are:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 carrie4

Sorry..........Longford

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Crafty-Chel

your hubby is right, it only takes about and hour and its quite a handy drive, but its ment to be nuts up there at the min, i know someone who was there a few days ago and it took 2 hours just to get outa the car park, guards had to be called and all... so allow a lot of time...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭baldbear

It takes me an hour from Granard so maybe an hour 15 from longford. I find it handy to park in on the right on the Sligo rd. on the way into enniskillen(its a bumpy looking spot, but free) It's very handy to get out of but about a ten min walk to Asda....

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭wilson10

your hubby is right, it only takes about and hour and its quite a handy drive, but its ment to be nuts up there at the min, i know someone who was there a few days ago and it took 2 hours just to get outa the car park, guards had to be called and all... so allow a lot of time...

An Garda Siochana in Enniskillen !!!

Not in uniform surely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Dooish

thats what you get for going on a bank holiday monday

baldbear wrote: »
    It takes me an hour from Granard so maybe an hour 15 from longford. I find it handy to park in on the right on the Sligo rd. on the way into enniskillen(its a bumpy looking spot, but free) It's very handy to get out of but about a ten min walk to Asda....

Parking on the main st is free for a couple of hours and also in the Asda Carpark.
    It is supposed to be for two hours, but I've never seen anyone checking regs.

I go regularly, I dont have traffic issues....I guess that will change as the annual xmas booze rush begins.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 biggerry

Can somebody post the directions from Longford to Enniskillen?

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭wilson10

Granard, Cavan, Belturbet, Enniskillen, probably the best road.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Bookkeeper09

Was up there Saturday just gone.
    Asda was quite busy...didnt take too long to get a parking space tho(about 9.30 am) and left about 12 and had no problem getting out of car park. Tesco car park(right next door) is generally easier for parking!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 biggerry

Thanks Wilson!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Not from Longford but do be up there now and then. Anyone agree that perhaps some of this cash might be better spent locally? I
    mean, from what I saw I thought the shops could really do with the business up there.

I know people will probably shoot me down and say the retailers have been ripping us off locally for years, we're on a v tight budget
    etcetc.but I do think this N Irl shopping has got a bit out of hand.

Just my two cents...

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Knit wit

I usually go out N4 - turn at Dromod for Mohill - Ballinamore - Swalinbar - Enniskillen. Not sure if it's faster, just find they always seem to be doing roadworks around the roads in Cavan!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭silver campaign

Have to agree with mfitzy there.

How many people posting here know someone who lost their job in the local retail sector. I'm sure everyone knows someone or some story. It's probably the same people posting on the other thread about retail units closing in the town that are going up shopping in Northern Ireland. Time to put two and two together maybe?

Shopping local keeps local people in a job and off the dole, which means they have more money to spend in a local pub, or restaurant or cinema or clothes shop, which means these places stop closing down and the place doesn't look like a ghost town anymore.

I've personally never gone to a supermarket for a weekly shop north of the border. Can it really be that much of a saving? Between petrol and time spent getting out of car parks and time travelling up and down? I hope ye think it's worth it.

Advertisement