Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer keeps rebooting - hard drive issues

Options
  • 30-10-2009 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

When I turned on my computer I got the following message:

We apologise for the inconvenience but windows did not start successfully.A recent hardware or software change might has caused this.

I am then presented with options to use Safe Mode,Last Known Good Configuration or Start Windows Automatically. I have tried all of these options but it just ends up with this message again.

I looked at the BIOS settings.I noticed that the clock is incorrect and changed this as I noted that it mentioned under one of the headings that Wrong DRAM timing may make system can't reboot.However once I had corrected the time and restarted the time was incorrect again.

I then got in contact with Fujitsu support (MY computer is a Fujitsu Scaleo P).On advice given there I loaded the 'Fail Safe' default,this did nothing.I then used the Windows Recovery CD but then I got the following message 'Set up did not find any hard disk drives installed on your computer. Make sure any hard disk drives are powered on and properly connected to the computer and that any disk related hardware configuration is correct".

I downloaded a diagnostics disk from Fujitsu but nothing happened.

I noticed a message also came up to say Master Disk disabled SMART capability disabled. SATA device not found.

I've checked all the cables to ensure that they are in place. On boot up I looked to see if I could disable automatic restart on failure but couldn't find anything in the BIOS menu.

If anyone could give me any advice I would greatfully appreciate it.

Advertisement