Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Is my Mondeo DMF about to expire?

Options
  • 30-10-2009 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭

Hi I'm looking for some feedback. I have a 2006 Mondeo TDCi with 95k miles on the odometer. I love the car and it is going well. However I've noticed that it is getting more difficult to engage certain gears and the car wont change smoothly. Sometimes this problem is apparent and at other times it isn't as noticable.

I've read the threads on Mondeo DMF's and I'm wondering is this the start of this problem or is it possible to check anything and if it is should I bite the bullet and get the job done. If I bring it to a garage could they diagnose without dismantling or is there anything I can check myself. If the problem is the DMF I'd like to be able to choose a garage to replace before it goes and hopefully get best value that way. Thats why I'm hoping to diagnose whilst the car is still usable as I do around 700-800 kms per week.

Thanks for reading and all responses appreciated. Car is due a service in about 1k anyway.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

i think it sounds a bit more like a clutch issue, maybe one of the slave cylinders. But i think ford recommend replacing the flywheel when you have the clutch done anyway.

i just had the flywheel done in my wifes mondeo. What we noticed was that it was rough at idle, you could feel a shaking through the clutch pedal and you could hear a squeal whn you engaged the clutch sometimes. I though it was the clutch (which it was) but when they rplaced the clutch they did the flywheel too and found it was very worm anyway

Advertisement