Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What to do with a 93 Golf?

Options
  • 30-10-2009 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,675 ✭✭✭

This is not an ad.

I have a 93 Golf which is sitting in my driveway, because the head gasket went. Now the battery is dead as well. It is not taxed.

I'm wondering is it possible to sell it? Should I look at trying to sell it to a scrap dealer? How much would I get for it (or how much should I ask)? What do people think I should try and do with it?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Breaking it for parts is about all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Someone on vagdrivers.net might be interested

• Registered Users Posts: 51,124 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Put it up on www.adverts.ie, someone is bound to take it for parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,675 ✭✭✭serfboard

Thanks for the replies.

Can anyone advise on how much I should advertise it for?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,124 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

To be honest a scrap yard would charge you a fee for coming out, loading it up on a truck and taking it away. If someone has to do that then they will probably want it very cheap for the trouble involved.

I would say be open to the best offer you get.

• Advertisement
Advertisement