Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 year garentee

Options
  • 30-10-2009 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hi,

we are doing a self build, direct labour, we have our own build insurance
    for the job. should we, or do we need to get a homebond 10 year garentee? as we are going direct labout, family menbers in the trade so will be doing alot of work pro bono.

cheers
    Rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

In a word - No.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭rodred

cheers, would it be recommended though?
    what if there was structrual problems down the line?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

I may be wrong, but as a direct labour project with no main contractor involved Homebond is not even open to you!
    Even if it was, the fees are not justifiable. there is a fee to be paid for the contractor, a fee for the developer, and a fee per square foot/metre of the scheme.
    And finally, I don't think these insurance schemes are worthwhile, trying to make a valid claim is extremely difficult.
    I think you would be better off putting the same money into a sink fund for future maintenance.

Advertisement