Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Looking for new engine for my car

Options
  • 30-10-2009 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

There is a crack in my engine block in my car
    and im looking to find a new engine for it because i dont have the funds to sell it and buy a new car at the moment

Im having a bit of trouble locating one
    Does anyone know where i could find an engine for a 1999 audi a4 1.6 AHL engine?
    Also i was looking to maybe get a reconditioned engine but i have no idea about the price?
    Does anyone know of any websites that would sell engines of that sort in ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,133 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Give www.traynors.co.uk up North a ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BlueDragon

I will give them a ring in the morning their website seems to be down
    do you have any idea how expensive they are?
    Does anyone else know anywhere else i could get one?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭dutchcat

try ballyhaise auto spares in cavan ,got an engine from him before it was perfect he only breaks VAG where is the crack and whats happening with it?

The crack is in the block of the engine
    He only breaks what?
    thanks ill give them a try too

Volkswagen Audi Group - they are the company that make Audi, VW, Skoda, Seat, etc.

The 1.6 litre engine in the A4 is also found in the A3, VW Golf/Bora/Passat, Skoda Octavia and Seat Leon/Toledo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

BlueDragon wrote: »
    He only breaks what?
    VAG = Volkswagen Audi Group

VAG ,volkswagen audi group,vw,audi,skoda ,seat they use the same mechanicals , is coolant leaking out thru a visible crack in the block?

bazz26 wrote: »
    Volkswagen Audi Group - they are the company that make Audi, VW, Skoda, Seat, etc.

The 1.6 litre engine in the A4 is also found in the A3, VW Golf/Bora/Passat, Skoda Octavia and Seat Leon/Toledo.
    Is it the exact same engine?
    Im told i have to make sure i get the AHL engine type
    I havent seen the crack but i was told that the engine is useless and to get a new one as soon as possible and i got a second opinon on it just to make sure

That place in cavan sounds very promising thanks a lot

Is it the exact same engine?
    Im told i have to make sure i get the AHL engine type
    I havent seen the crack but i was told that the engine is useless and to get a new one as soon as possible and i got a second opinon on it just to make sure

That place in cavan sounds very promising thanks a lot

The basic engine should be the same but that is not to say that it will fit straight in. I'm sure it's not as simple as that and I'm no mechanic so best to find one exactly the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Am I the only one who thinks its a bit pointless spending upwards of €1000 on a nearly 11 year 1.6 A4?

Sell it for parts, and spend your money on a new car.

• Advertisement

Am I the only one who thinks its a bit pointless spending upwards of €1000 on a nearly 11 year 1.6 A4?

+1

Totally missed that bit in the original post.

it sure is a waste but it might be taxed and nct'd ,and he might get away with a magic potion cheap fix for a while (radweld) or something like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭restaurants

and im looking to find a new engine for it because i dont have the funds to sell it and buy a new car at the moment

Im having a bit of trouble locating one
    Does anyone know where i could find an engine for a 1999 audi a4 1.6 AHL engine?
    Also i was looking to maybe get a reconditioned engine but i have no idea about the price?
    Does anyone know of any websites that would sell engines of that sort in ireland?
    I am reliably informed that those guys are good - www.carpartsireland.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

;)

It is taxed for 6 months and is ncted for 2 years
    My sisters boyfriend will be putting the engine in for me
    He told me that the cost should be roughly 350 - 450 for an engine and 100 - 150 for him to put it in

I dont have the time or money to go looking at cars at the moment
    I need my car for work as i am spending an absolute fortune on taxi to and from work

When i get it fixed ill hopefully have time to shop for a new car after the new year and i can sell it on then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Can anyone tell me which years of the audi a4 i can take the engine out of to put in my car,
    Im not quiet sure which years are the same as the 1999 model
    I think its 1996 - 2000 but not sure

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

BlueDragon I'm not sure why this guy is breaking what would appear to be a straight enough car that was recently nct passed but it might be worth a go for the engine.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1034501

Advertisement