Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Honda CRV 2.0 petrol:whats the timing belt interval

Options
  • 29-10-2009 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭

The title says it all really! My daughter has one and altho a good driver aint that great at maintenenance issues. I don't want to see her trash the engine [like her mother...........] there's 135000 miles on it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    The title says it all really! My daughter has one and altho a good driver aint that great at maintenenance issues. I don't want to see her trash the engine [like her mother...........] there's 135000 miles on it

I have a 00 cr-v and the timing chain was done at 82k miles by the garage where i bought it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

so it's a chain? and the interval is 80K-ish ?
    [I haven't looked that hard at the engine apart from checking her dipstick now n then]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

What year? The older B20 engined ones have a belt and it's 60k miles.

The newer ones (K20 and R20 engines) have chains and are maintenance free.

its a 2000 [year] car. she reckons it had maybe 62000 miles when she got it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Old shape then, ie this?

180px-1999-2001_Honda_CR-V_06.jpg

Belt, 60k mile interval.

• Advertisement

Yes , looks pretty much like that. Thanks....I'll tell her its well overdue.

Advertisement