Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Catering Van

Options
  • 29-10-2009 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I am thinking of buying a small catering van and was just wondering if anyone knew
    what licenses,certs etc would be needed to start..Thanks..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭R3al

As far as I am aware you will need a street trading/catering licence if you are trading in Dublin, but outside of Dublin I think you just need to clear it with the local Guards, you should contact your local Guard station and Local council for the requirements in your area

I imagine there would be various enviromental and health/hygiene regulations that you must comply with aswell, see the Food Safety Authority website

you might also want to check out the situation regarding business rates for a mobile business

You should also check out the casual trading Act

and

• Registered Users Posts: 13 lyzardking

Thanks for the info i'll check it out,again thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 W204

I'm selling my catering van if your interested, with health cert! Email me at jasonpeterwhite@gmail.com for more info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 nasceiri

R3al wrote: »
    As far as I am aware you will need a street trading/catering licence if you are trading in Dublin, but outside of Dublin I think you just need to clear it with the local Guards, you should contact your local Guard station and Local council for the requirements in your area

I imagine there would be various enviromental and health/hygiene regulations that you must comply with aswell, see the Food Safety Authority website

you might also want to check out the situation regarding business rates for a mobile business

You should also check out the casual trading Act

and
    Make sue you stick to the formula of location(s), loction(s), location (s)
    You don't want to get into a competitive area, to much time taken up!
    Only a suggestion, mind.

Advertisement