Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does you IP Change when changing provider?

Options
  • 29-10-2009 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭

Hi there.

At the moment I am using the Vodafone Mobile Broadband USB thing but wireless is now available where I live

If I change to - for example Eircom Broadband, does my IP Address change?? Thanks in advance :)

Comments

Yes, ISPs own blocks of IP`s which they assign to there customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭generalmiaow

Hi there.

At the moment I am using the Vodafone Mobile Broadband USB thing but wireless is now available where I live

If I change to - for example Eircom Broadband, does my IP Address change?? Thanks in advance :)

Your IP address probably changes every time you reconnect to your broadband service which could be several times a day. As the previous poster stated you will be assigned an IP from a pool in the block owned by the provider.

what have you been banned from? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭Rocky Balboa 2

Your IP address probably changes every time you reconnect to your broadband service which could be several times a day. As the previous poster stated you will be assigned an IP from a pool in the block owned by the provider.

what have you been banned from? ;)

sherdog, a famous boxing forum.

So when I do get broadband if I re-reg on that will they find out or should I get lucky?
    thanks

sherdog, a famous boxing forum.

So when I do get broadband if I re-reg on that will they find out or should I get lucky?
    thanks

I've heard of at least one case on here where a user who was sitebanned 5 years ago was caught when he tried to reregister under a different name. So it's possible that you might be found out but it depends on the admin I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭Rocky Balboa 2

Karsini wrote: »
    I've heard of at least one case on here where a user who was sitebanned 5 years ago was caught when he tried to reregister under a different name. So it's possible that you might be found out but it depends on the admin I'd say.

But I will be off a different ip

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

But I will be off a different ip

You're already on a different IP every time you connect, so changing ISP won't do anything.

They banned you for a reason, and we're not here to help you get around it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement