Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car tell-possibly written off???

Options
  • 29-10-2009 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi,
    Im going to be buying a second hand car soon and just test drove it today all was fine, getting it NCT'd by dealer- engine and everything seemed fine but just to be on the safe side I said I'd check cartell- so I just got the report and it says on page 2( Roadworthiness-Written off by insurer) then page 3 says-History profile (Roadworthiness-no changes recorded) Im really confused-is the car written off or not?? I've emailed cartell and am waiting on a response but just thought I would ask here aswell what people think???
    Thanks in advance:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,701 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

mywheels.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

mywheels.ie
    Check out 01 L 1918 on www.mywheels.ie, it was mine until my gf wrote it off in May 2008.

You get it crushed, or sell it on as a repairable car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭whos who

Has anyone read the first post???

You get it crushed, or sell it on as a repairable car?
    The ins co paid out for it and presumably sold it on.
    whos who wrote: »
    Has anyone read the first post???
    Yes, have you read the responses? I wouldn't take even an all-clear from cartell as evidence that the car hadn't been written off.

• Advertisement

Maybe the Insurance Co. didn't mark it as written off so :)

Maybe the Insurance Co. didn't mark it as written off so :)
    My point exactly - a car may have been in a major collision and the likes of mywheels won't flag it.

Advertisement